With autumn soon appearing on the calendar, people will be gearing up for the holidays. This means they will be making preparations for all those wonderful fall holiday meals. For many, the best part of any meal is not the main course but the dessert. There are certainly some truly excellent special desserts that are perfect for each and every day of the fall season. If you are feeling a little adventurous in the kitchen this autumn, here is a look at the five most excellent desserts for the season.
Five Desserts That Are Perfect For The Autumn Season
1. Pumpkin Cheesecake with a Special Pecan Praline Topping. The fall season brings with it Halloween and that means there will be a host of pumpkin related desserts to choose from. Why settle for the tried and true selection of pumpkin pie when you can enjoy this amazing pumpkin cheesecake? Yes, graham crackers mixed with cream cheese and pumpkin puree can make for a perfect pie. The pecan praline topping makes it even more memorable and delicious which is why it might just end up being the quintessential Halloween dessert although it can assuredly be enjoyed any time during the fall.
2. Spiced Upside-Down Apple Bundt Cake. The autumn is commonly considered the prime harvest season before the winter and one of the most popular fruits to harvest would be the apple. Now you have an excellent idea for an apple dessert in the form of this very original bundt cake. In addition to the cake itself, the Streusel topic make with pecan halves, rolled oats, cinnamon, and black pepper add to its memorable taste.
3. Pear Tart with Chocolate Sauce. Pears are also reflective of the autumn harvest and chocolate is somewhat symbolic of decadence. Make no mistake, this is one rich dessert that is perfect for special occasions. It is also a relatively easy dessert to make so even those that might be novices in the kitchen will find it is not too difficult to create this unforgettable dessert.
4. Apple Pie with Quince Jelly. Apple pie is probably the most popular dessert during the autumn season. It might even be the most popular dessert choice for most people all throughout the year. You do not have to be limited to the traditional way apple pie is made as there are unique spins on this classic dessert. Adding Quince Jelly to the recipe adds a Spanish flavor and flair that can make the tried and true apple pie recipe something unique and refreshing.
5. Chocolate-Peanut Butter Moon Pies. Kids really will love these. Honestly, so will adults. The moon pie is a classic southern sandwich cookie dessert and this recipe really takes it to the next level. In addition to the traditional marshmallow filling, these moon pies have chocolate and peanut butter added to them. If you really want to serve an unforgettable dessert this autumn, this one just might be it.
There Is Not Shortage of Creativity in the Autumn for Desserts
The top five desserts listed here are only a brief sample of the amazing desserts that are perfect for the autumn seasons. You definitely will never run out of choices or things to experiment when the leaves start to fall and you want to spend a little time in the kitchen making something special.
Damian Wolf is working for Whimsical cakehouse Sydney. He enjoy’s in writing about great tips for making desserts and cakes.